Thursday 12 April 2012

Spam Alert...Spam Alert

Good evening

I was now checking my mail and saw there was a few items in my spam box. Normally I just select them all and delete them. Thank you technology for spam filters, it makes our lives easier.

This one caught my I and I checked it out. It was from this Barrister from Malaysia acting on behalf of his dead client who happens to have the same surname as me. The estate is worth millions and I must pretend to be a relative and later we can share the money. Yeah right, and I must pay fees to get the money! I told him a few short powerful harsh words what he can go do! How stupid does he think I am?

I've been down that road a couple of times. I won the jackpot in some European lottery...twice! What's the odds on that? I won the grand prize in the Nokia promotion...I don't even have a Nokia phone. Once a lady phoned and told me I won R200 000 in a promotion my bank had. When I asked her to which branch I can go and collect it, she hanged up. Probably a first timer!

This is out there. Be careful. I don't get fooled easily, but the stories and tears of people who where and lost money are there. These days you should be very very careful. Personal information could be attained at the click of a button. And don't be fooled by big sums of money.

Have a wonderful evening

Skilpaddop

No comments:

Post a Comment